Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis - #1384946
Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Join Livingston and grow your career in the constantly changing world of international trade. Livingston is a market leader offering customs brokerage, international trade consulting, compliance and freight forwarding services around the world. Livingston has over 3,000 employees at more than 90 key border crossings, sea ports, airports and other strategic locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment offers you the opportunity to work with leaders in the industry, receive recognition for achievements and develop your expertise in the complex and evolving world of trade. Learn how you can make an impact at Livingston.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: ON Toronto - CN030
The Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis will be responsible for providing financially driven decision support to the business. The Manager will be a source of financial expertise, and act as a trusted advisor to the Senior Leadership Team and ensure that long term, profitable growth is delivered in line with the company's strategic priorities and goals. The role involves leading the annual strategic planning and budgeting processes, and ensuring effective forecasts are produced throughout the year. The Manager will create useful reporting tools and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) that link to the strategic goals of the business.The Manager will interact with senior management on matters concerning the current and long term financial performance of the business unit and its operating models. An ability to translate complex financial and business metric data into clear, actionable next steps with senior management will be crucial to success in this role.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a financial advisor to internal stakeholders to provide financial planning, analysis and business growth support to the assigned business unit(s) and finance senior management team.
- Present business case justification to business unit leader(s) and finance senior management team.
- Lead the annual budget process, working collaboratively with a multi-functional team. Challenge key assumptions based on actual trends, knowledge of the business model, and the need to continuously improve overall profitability. Ensure an accurate forecast is built with buy-in from all key leadership team members.
- Monitor and support assigned business unit(s) leader in variance analysis of actual to budget, business plan, forecast, strategic plans, and/or project-related initiatives such as functional programs, profitability studies, financial and planning systems, etc.
- Work closely with their peers / direct reports to provide financial guidance and support in interpreting and analyzing financial issues of the assigned business unit(s).
- Demonstrate thought leadership, proposes alternate financial and business solutions to assigned business unit leader(s) to support their business decision making, and enhance profitability.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial closure as well as supporting narrative to financial statements.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and analysis, when requested.
- Manage the preparation, review and analysis of various internal reports and ensure information prepared by staff is accurate and completed by the specified deadline date.
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure that all reporting requirements are completed by the specified deadline date.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors. Responds to requests for information and reports.
- Recruit, interview and hire team member(s). Develop, coach and supervise staff. Follow all guidelines set forth by the Human Resources department, if applicable.
- Participate and/or leads special projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of management
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to interpret data, analyze information, and an ability to write formal recommendations and proposals. Ability to gather and analyze large amounts of data at a macro and micro level.
- Experience working under pressure, meeting tight deadlines, and prioritizing various deliverables
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel; Hyperion and SQL experience strongly preferred; Qlik experience a plus
- An ability to use a variety of technology tools to access information is required.
- Strong understanding and experience performing financial, forecasting, budgeting, and operational analysis
- Strong business acumen with a solid understanding of the business environment.
- Comfortable with and initiates / leads change, setting example and influencing key parties to drive the business forward.
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
5 years of related experience
Team management experience
Required: Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting
Preferred: Masters Degree or equivalent
Leading and Developing
Customer First Focus
Inclusion and Collaboration
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
How to apply
To apply for this job you need to authorize on our website. If you don't have an account yet, please register.Post a resume