Music Gear Specialist — Band & Orchestra - #1638611
Cosmo Music is always on the lookout for qualified and energetic individuals interested in working in a positive and progressive retail environment. We'll make sure to provide you with the opportunity to grow and develop your skills, as long as you promise to bring passion and your utmost dedication to work every single day.
At Cosmo Music, our mission is to enthusiastically nurture, inspire, and empower the music making aspirations of everyone we engage with. This means we continually celebrate the broad range of instruments that each individual holds a passion. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. Accommodation is available as required for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all interested applicants who apply; however, only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note, we do not accept zipped email attachments.
Why Join the Team?
- Competitive wages and flexible benefits
- Opportunity to advance your career
- A team that cares and treats you like family
- Culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Celebrates and rewards our team members
- Share and expand your music expertise
- We have a passion for music and instruments of all kinds
- Established in 1968, over 50 years in the music business; founded by Tom Hebert, family owned and operated, currently lead by Tom’s son Mark Hebert
- In 2008, Cosmo Music opened its 60,150 sq ft superstore, the single largest musical instrument store in North America
- Over 200 employees including 25 repair technicians and 80+ highly qualified teachers
- Cosmo Music is a full-line music dealer offering sales, rentals, and repairs of an extensive range of musical instruments, sound equipment, accessories, print music, and repertoire
- The Cosmo School of Music provides private and group lessons to hundreds of students each week, both in person and online
- In addition to our Retail Store, Educational Services Division, School of Music, Repair Shop, and Cosmo Pro production services, we also serve a vast customer base through ecommerce via our website (CosmoMusic.ca) and various marketplace channels (Amazon.ca, BestBuy.ca, Reverb.ca, and Walmart.ca), processing and shipping hundreds of orders each day
- Launch Music is our newest division, supporting B2B distribution Canada-wide
Music Gear Specialist — Band & Orchestra
Cosmo Music Team members are driven by a passion for music, music making, and music making gear. We genuinely care about our customers' musical aspirations, and we are enthusiastic to help nurture, inspire, and empower them. We listen carefully and apply our knowledge and expertise to guide them to the solutions that best meet their needs, consistently striving to provide an exceptional customer experience throughout the process. Music Gear Specialists are responsible for maintaining a friendly, welcoming environment, assisting customers in the selection of products and ensuring an excellent customer experience all around.
Scope of Responsibilities
Music Gear Specialists are responsible for maintaining a friendly, welcoming environment, assisting customers in the selection of products and ensuring an excellent customer experience all around. As trusted advisors, Music Gear Specialists must be very familiar with the details and application of the products and services the store offers and must be committed to continuously learning about new products as they emerge. When not assisting customers, Music Gear Specialists ensure that products are fully stocked, and that the retail space is maintained to present a clean and tidy store. Music Gear Specialists also process sales transactions and returns for customers.
Sell products and services – assisting both in-store and online customers
Achieve a higher level of customer satisfaction through continual self-evaluation, analyzing successes and failures, and consistently serving customers at the highest level
Achieve an elevated level of customer loyalty and attract new customers
Enthusiastically assist customers, displaying a genuine interest in meeting their needs, nurturing customer relationships, and continually building our reputation as a premier music dealer
- Excellent organizational abilities; can prioritize and meet timelines in a busy environment
- Thorough knowledge of at least one family of instruments – ideally you are a passionate musician
- Exhibit superior interpersonal, customer relations skills, and has a positive attitude
- Ability to anticipate situations and problem-solve independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Customer service oriented – you like to help people
- Availability to work evenings and weekends
- The ideal candidates should have at least two of years of retail or industry experience
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit a full resume and cover letter to:
Chris Fountain, Assistant Store Manager
Please include “Job ID: Music Gear Specialist” in the subject line.