Quality Assurance Analyst II - #1638613
Our employees are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. When you join our team, you’re bringing this purpose to life alongside a passionate community of experts.
Feel empowered to learn and grow while being valued for who you are– here, diversity is a strength. You have our commitment to support you in reaching your goals with tools, opportunities, and flexibility. It’s our employee promise.
Our hybrid work model provides the balance between working from home and enjoying meaningful in-person interactions.
Read on to see how you can shape the future, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role
We have a great opportunity for a Quality Assurance Analyst II to join our Claims Operations and Planning team. Acting as the link between business and IT partners, your goal will be to help ensure that we’re building the right products and processes to support a second-to-none customer experience.
What you’ll do here:
- Review, analyze and evaluate business requirements specifications to plan and create a risk-based test strategy.
- Develop, socialize, and seek agreement for the test strategy that outlines the risks and mitigation strategies based on priority.
- Prepare test plans, test cases/matrices, reports and any other documents required based on Intact’s standards, processes, and procedures.
- Lead the execution of test cases, test scripts and distribute progress reports.
- Perform system, functional, acceptance and regression tests and ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Participate in planning and/or validation of test cases including IT solutions.
- Identify, analyze, log, and prioritize defects while working closely with project team members to identify root cause and resolve problems.
- Support project implementation plan as required throughout the various phases of the project life cycle.
- Provide technical support and guidance to Business Stakeholders on system issues.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging technologies related to software testing.
- Analytical; with the ability to analyze complex systems and identify potential issues.
- Detail oriented, meticulous, and thorough in the testing process.
- Creative, problem-solver and can identify and resolve complex issues during the testing process.
- Adaptable and can navigate changes in project requirements, technologies and processes.
- Collaborative and enjoys working with multiple project teams to achieve common goals.
- Highly organized and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Open to learning new testing techniques and tools.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and positively embrace change
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or any combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a quality assurance analyst in an innovative environment within a large organization.
- CTFL / ISTQB Software Testing Certification or equivalent experience.
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycles with a focus on agile and QA concepts.
- Experience working in an agile Scrum / matrix environment.
- Experience in defect management tools and testing complex software systems.
- Exceptional analytical skills with a clear understanding of common software failures and faults.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Superior organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills to manage multiple deadlines.
- Ability to facilitate meetings, collaborate with others in person and virtually.
- A positive attitude in the workplace and the ability to drive change.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in Test Automation is an asset.
- P&C Insurance and Claims experience is an asset.
- No Canadian work experience required however must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Bilingualism (French / English) is an asset. Need to interact on a regular basis with an English-speaking clientele and colleagues across the country.
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A $600 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
Flexible Work Arrangements
We currently have a hybrid work approach which gives us the best of both worlds – a mix of home and in-office workdays (minimum 2 days in office per week).
What we offer
Working here means you'll be empowered to be and do your best every day. Here is some of what you can expect as a permanent member of our team:
A financial rewards program that recognizes your success
An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan; we match 50% of net shares purchased
An extensive flex pension and benefits package, with access to virtual healthcare
Flexible work arrangements
Possibility to purchase up to 5 extra days off per year
An annual wellness account that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
A dynamic workplace learning ecosystem complete with learning journeys, interactive online content, and inspiring programs
Inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities
Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
A Community Impact program, because what you care about is a part of what makes you different. And how you contribute to your community should be just as unique.
We are an equal opportunity employer
At Intact, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected, and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity. We’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to review other important information about the hiring process, including background checks, internal candidates, and eligibility to work in Canada.
If you are an employee of Intact or belairdirect, please apply for this role on Contact People.