Lodge Manager - (Temporary 6 month )Baffin Island - Port 386 Lodge - #820898
WHO ARE WE?
We've been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Based in a world class Horizon North camp facility, the regular shift for this position is 21 days on and 21 days off, with 12-hour workdays. Transportation is provided to site from a pickup point in Edmonton.
The Lodge Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the Lodge. The successful candidate will bring their operational, people management and customer service expertise to the project to support the development of a dynamic high functioning team.
This position is safety sensitive and requires drug, alcohol, and fit to work testing as a condition of employment.
Your work will include:
- Ensure maximum client and guest satisfaction by providing over-all high-quality hospitality service
- Ensure Horizon North’s standards are upheld and maintained daily regarding food quality, consistency, cleanliness, and Health and Safety programs
- Support all hiring initiatives and performance management of employees in coordination with Human Resources and the Lodge Manager
- Provide analysis and insight for revenue forecasts and budgets
- Create staff schedules in accordance to client forecasts and revenue
- Ensure profitability through budgetary adherence
- Delegate and perform tasks as required to support the daily operation of the lodge
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance with a 20 days on/10 days off rotation.
- Extended health and dental benefits that are fully covered.
- Travel time is paid.
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day 1 by joining an industry leader.
Follow Horizon North on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have a minimum 5+ years of progressive hospitality management experience in hotel or related setting
- You have post-secondary education in business, hospitality, or related discipline or area of focus
- You have advanced proficiency with Microsoft office suite and you are experienced working with hospitality management software
- You have a proven ability to analyze revenue reports including forecasting and scheduling
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.