Drill and Blast Supervisor (Fly-In Fly-Out) - #835723
Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited
The masculine gender is use in this job offer without discrimination and only in the purpose of lightening the text.
WHAT DO YOU VALUE IN A CAREER?
At Agnico Eagle, our values never waver. We believe in trust, respect, equality, family and responsibility. Why? Because they express who we are and they have helped us succeed in business for over 60 years
WHAT DOES AGNICO EAGLE VALUE?
We value you – your unique set of skills and experience. We value your willingness to build those skills and make a meaningful contribution to our company. And, we value your commitment to treat every person on our team with respect, helping us to operate safely, protect the environment and make a positive contribution to our local communities.
ABOUT OUR OPERATION
Agnico Eagle is always looking for new talented team members to join our Nunavut mining operations. We have been operating Meadowbank, our first Low Arctic mine, near Baker Lake for over nine years. The mine produced its three millionth ounce of gold in 2018. 2019 is anticipated to be the last year of the Meadowbank mine production and it is now transitioning to process the satellite deposit Amaruq for August 2019.
YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE:
Reporting to the General Foreman, the Drill & Blast Supervisor is part of the Mine Department and collaborates with other departments of the Mine. The incumbent will supervise his team to ensure the efficient completion of the drilling and blasting activities and that the productivity targets are being met. He/she will ensure that the goals and objectives are achieved while promoting and respecting Agnico Eagle’s culture, Health & Safety Code of Conduct and the environment.
- Plan and organize the drilling and blasting activities daily, according to the weekly planning of the General Supervisor and Sr. Drill & Blast Supervisor;
- Follow-up with immediate employees on the drilling jobs that were done;
- Approve and communicate blast notices;
- Ensure that proper drilling and blasting procedures are being followed;
- Follow-up with immediate employees on the blasting jobs that were done;
- Plan and organize the scaling jobs daily, conjointly with the Mine Production and the Mine Services Supervisor according to the weekly planning of the General Supervisor;
- Perform a follow-up on the drilling pattern to ensure it is ready;
- Communicate with the end shift supervisor to receive the shift activities’ status and progress;
- Apply the principles and practices of the Supervision Formula.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of mining-related experience with 3 years of supervision experience in an open pit environment;
- Extensive knowledge of budget management;
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and plans;
- Knowledge of the basic safety procedures and policies;
- Knowledge of the basic environmental regulatory requirements;
- Educate your team by teaching them;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team;
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite applications especially Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint and knowledge of the JD Edwards software is an asset;
- Strong ability to effectively communicate in English (Oral and written). Selected candidates must attain a passing mark on a SPEEXX English language assessment.
Your Work Schedule
- Schedule: 14 days of work, followed by 14 days for transportation and rest; flights departing from all communities in the Kivalliq region, Mirabel or Val-d’Or, Quebec.
Primary Location: Nunavut-Baker Lake
Organization: Agnico Eagle Mines
Shift Schedule: 14/14
Employment Type Code: Salaried
Posting End Date: Nov 5, 2021, 10:59:00 PM
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.