Manager, Contact Centre - #836323
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities)
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months
Communications and Engagement is the central government division dedicated to engaging Manitobans in the work of government, by delivering the message of government policy and programs to staff, the media and the public in dynamic, effective ways; advancing openness and transparency across government; and increasing engagement and participation in the decision-making process
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check
- Must be able to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends as required
- Experience with providing customer service in including addressing sensitive, controversial, and/or complex situations
- Strong written communication skills including experience developing and editing a variety of communication material
- Experience working with or interpreting legislation and policy
- Supervisory experience including coordination and oversight of the work of staff and performance management
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to build, motivate and work with a team to accomplish goals
- Strong interpersonal skills including proactively building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to give presentations
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Excellent verbal communication skills in French
- Excellent written comunication skills in French
As a member of Communications and Engagement management team, the Manager is responsible to lead and manage a large number of staff and all aspects of operations for the Central Government Contact Centre and ensures alignment across other contact centres within the Manitoba Government including:
- Acting independently in addressing inquiries via multiple communication channels for internal and external stakeholders including handling of escalations.
- Developing policy, procedural, training and operational guidelines to ensure consistent program delivery through a whole of government approach
- Supporting innovation, best practices, and performance driven measures and promotes employee engagement.
- Responsibility for all Human Resource requirements which include but not limited to; onboarding/off boarding for all staffing levels within the contact centre, performance management, staff learning and development, process/policy writing and implementation while ensuring adherence to work place practices.
- Providing advice, accurate statistical data reporting and recommendations to senior management to inform in the decision-making process.
Apply to:Advertisement # 38250
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.