DIETARY AIDE 1.0 FTE Permanent – Extendicare-Red River Place - #836368
DIETARY AIDE 1.0 FTE Permanent – Extendicare-Red River Place
This position is available at a home/community affiliated with Extendicare Inc. The successful candidate would be employed directly by the affiliated home, not Extendicare Inc.
Candidates are invited to apply for the Full-time position of Dietary Aide to work at Extendicare-Red River Place, a (104 bed) long-term care facility, located in Selkirk, Manitoba.
Reporting to the Food Service Manager, follows established policies, procedures and standards, serves food for the residents, and clears and cleans all dinnerware from dining room tables.
- Serves food to residents according to individual diets and preferences. Observes time limits for meal serving. Maintains foods at proper serving temperature.
- Assists Cooks to clean and prepare such uncooked food as salads, vegetables and fruits. Prepares such simple menu items as breakfast items, basic desserts and garnishes.
- Clears plates from dining room tables and trays from food trollies/carts. Loads and operates dishwasher. Places all clean dishes in appropriate storage space.
- Daily menu posted as required.
- Participates in proper storage and labeling of dietary supplies and food, including leftovers.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environment, infection control, and Personal Health Information.
- Assembles nourishment carts. Stocks supplies as needed in the kitchen and ward kitchen.
- Participates in facility meetings as assigned. Attends education in-services and completes all education requirements that are required online.
- Other duties as assigned by the Food Service Manager.
- Previous Food Service experience in an institutional setting, preferably in a long-term care setting is preferred.
- Current and successful completion and/or enrollment in Food Handler Training Certification course within 6 months of hire is required.
- Full vaccination for Covid-19 is a requirement.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Must be able to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to read and follow standardized recipes and production sheets.
- Basic understanding of Therapeutic Diets is preferred.
- Solid understanding of portion control is required.
- Ability to take direction and perform tasks in cooperation with other staff members – team work is required.
- Must be mature, patient, courteous, and understanding when working with the elderly or disabled. Must be service oriented.
- Good physical and mental health. Ability to stand for extended periods. Ability to lift a maximum of 23 kgs.
- Must adhere to the Extendicare – Dietary Services Hair Restraint and Dress Code policies.
CLOSING DATE: October 25, 2021 or until filled.
Interested applicants may forward their resume to the attention of:
Lorne Liske, RD, FSM
Extendicare Red River Place, 133 Manchester Avenue, Selkirk, MB R1A 0B5
Extendicare recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, patients, team members and visitors from COVID-19. As such, subject to medical exemptions, a condition of employment with Extendicare is requiring that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.