Divisional Administrator - #836612
Province of Manitoba
XO3 Administrative Officer 3
Indigenous Reconciliation and Northern Relations
Policy and Strategic Initiatives
Advertisement Number: 38104
Salary(s): XO3 $57,344.00 - $71,586.00 per year
Closing Date: October 28, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Policy and Strategic Initiatives Branch is responsible for the management of Indigenous policy issues, the provision of timely, practicaland effective advice on a wide variety of Indigenous and northern issues as they relate to the Manitoba Government and theimplementation of various strategic initiatives related to the Indigenous Relations portfolio.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Supervisory experience including planning, coordinating, influencing, mentoring, and evaluating the work of team members
- Management experience with responsibility for human and financial resources
- Strong financial acumen with experience in budgeting and financial management
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and issues in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills for the purpose of communicating information of varying complexities to a variety of audiences
- Advanced written communication skills for the purposes of drafting, reviewing, and editing a wide variety of documents and correspondence
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the abilities to build and maintain positive working relationships in a team setting, and withinternal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge in planning, developing, implementing and assessing policies and programs with Indigenous communities, organizations and peoples aimed at improving the lives of Canadian Indigenous peoples
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a team environment
Reporting to the Director the Divisional Administrator:
Provides quality administrative management services for the Department including financial administration, human resource services, information technology coordination, management reporting and secretarial support services.
Provides technical research and project support for the Department on an ongoing and project basis.
Provides coordination, monitoring and project support of information technology (IT) for the Department.
Advertisement # 38104
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.