AVP, Technology - Governance, Risk & Compliance - #836625
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You're part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You'll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you'll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It's our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that's trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for an Assistant Vice-President, Technology - Governance, Risk & Compliance
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
Our Lifeco Corporate Technology group is looking to hire an Assistant Vice-President, Technology - Governance, Risk & Complaince portfolio leader who will report to the Vice President and CIO - Lifeco Corporate Technology. This role acts as the single point of entry and engagement for all technology enablers/services supporting the business unit, with a high degree of collaboration with other business and technology units.
The AVP, Technology - Governance, Risk & Compliance will be accountable to enable business strategy through the development and delivery of technology solutions. This AVP contributes to business strategies and sets the technology strategy and culture of their team. This role will be accountable for all aspects of technology planning, strategy and delivery, liaising with platform and dev ops teams and, the principle point of contact for business units.
What you will do:
- Develop an integrated and collaborative view with business leadership teams on how technology platforms can best deliver automation and insights
- Accountable for collaborating and challenging Senior Leaders and Business Units (BU) to see the needs/functions of technology platforms while maintaining relationships that allows the BU's to meet their priorities for the year.
- Be a visible change agent, a champion of diversity, equity & inclusion, and a trusted advisor.
- Lead a strategic long-term vision and technology that are responsive to changing business priorities and conditions
- Drive business and technology innovation through proactive and timely evaluation and adoption of emerging technologies.
- Ensure the efficient and effective use of financial, people and technology resources
- Responsible for financials related to the delivery of solutions/services.
- ensuring the efficient and effective use of financial and people resources and the ongoing continuity of expertise to support technology delivery and services for the business unit.
- Ensure leaders, employees and vendors work together to drive performance and that high expectations are delivered within the values of the organization.
- Drive effective collaboration between cross functional and geographically diverse teams
- Attract, recruit, retain and motivate a team of high skilled professionals, ensure talent embraces current and emerging technologies.
- Ensure succession and retention plans are developed and executed on.
What you will bring:
- You will have demonstrated a high level of innovation, the ability to utilize and implement best practices, as well as creating new ways of working, rolling out and implementation across a group.
- 10+ years' experience specifically in Governance, Risk & Compliance Technologies and Platforms such as MetricStream.
- Experience working in a large, complex enterprise organization with geographically dispersed teams.
- Specialized Knowledge/Experience with cloud, modern architectures, analytics, Dev Ops, and sound financial knowledge and knows how to apply to a Technology area.
- Computer Science, Management or Engineering degree; or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work through change management as well as the rolling out new ways of working.
- Finding the right balance between building relationships and driving necessary change.
- Budgeting and financial management consistent with Technology Business Management (TBM).
- Implementation of new tools, methodologies, techniques and principles, that will increase effectiveness, staff productivity and customer experience.
- Due to high regulations in our industry the individual must be able to navigate these appropriate and collaborate and work with the appropriate experts in these areas.
- Responsible for attracting, retaining and developing employees in a diverse and inclusive environment. Will need to be able to understand the requirements and translate that into the appropriate resources required.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we're one of Canada's leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.