Account Manager, Mid-Market Commercial Insurance - #899264
Internal Applicants: If you are a current NFP employee with access to the employee portal, please apply by navigating in the PeopleFirst Portal: Menu > Myself > View Opportunities (under My Company).
The Role at NFP
NFP's commercial property and casualty insurance brokerage partners help protect corporations and nonprofits across Canada from the little surprises and the big ones. Our leaders inspire their teams to band together and create an environment driven by collaboration and exceptional client service.
Our award-winning Commercial Lines Division has an immediate need for an Account Manager/Service Broker to interact with clients on a day-to-day basis while developing and maintaining relationships with both client and carrier representatives.
COVID-19 Update: Please note in some locations we’ve activated work-from-home plans for our offices. Standard operating hours generally remain intact for offices in the remote environment. We continue to stand ready to serve the needs of our clients.
What You’ll Do
- Work with producers in the preparation of applications, specifications, and marketing strategy for new business as well as the renewals of an assigned book of business.
- Provide professional and prompt customer service including phone, email, and walk-in inquiries on new and existing client accounts, including client questions on topics such as coverage, billing, reporting of claims, audits, etc.
- Generate revenue growth opportunities by identifying needs for additional lines of coverage, cross-selling internally to other P&C lines, Group Benefits and Wealth Management departments, and generating referrals for new opportunities.
- Be the lead in maintaining positive, long-term relationships with the clients, insurance carrier representatives, and NFP staff.
What You Bring
- RIBO License in good standing required
- Typically, more than 3 years of industry and product line experience – broking or underwriting
- Extensive experience in the placement of Mid-Market Risks (Large construction, Manufacturing, etc.) on accounts generating $25,000 and greater in premium.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a remote team environment autonomously.
- Client-focused – Able to establish and maintain effective relationships
- A high level of organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail with excellent decision-making skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines, and technology.
- Extensive insurance carrier relationships
- Excellent computer skills expected and EPIC fluency an asset
- Experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Professional insurance designation preferred (such as CAIB, CIP, CRM, etc.)
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a 5x Best Places to Work award winner in Insurance, a 5-Star Brokerage award winner from Insurance Business Canada Magazine, and a recognized Elite Agency award winner. We enable client success through the expertise of over 1000 employees based in Canada and more than 6,000 employees with global capabilities. As an organization, we care about giving back to the community. We contribute to different organizations, including Children’s Cancer Society, GenHERation, Year Up and many more.
We’ve become one of the largest insurance brokerage, consulting and wealth management firms by building enduring relationships with our clients and helping them realize their goals. NFP is the 2nd largest retirement aggregator firm (Investment News), 5th largest benefits broker by global revenue (Business Insurance), 10th largest property and casualty agency (Insurance Journal), and 12th largest global insurance broker (Best’s Review).
Our expertise is matched by our commitment to each client’s goals and is enhanced by our investments in innovative technologies in the insurance brokerage and consulting space. To learn more, please visit https://nfp.ca/.
What’s In It For You
NFP’s PeopleFirst culture offers a multitude of benefits to employees and is a great place to call home.
- Annual bonus plan for all employees
- Matching RRSP plan of 5% of salary
- Referral Commission Plan
- Generous benefits plan including Health Care Spending Account starting on the first day of employment
- Full support for continuing education & internal opportunities to grow as an insurance professional to advance career
- Reimbursement of license fees and professional membership dues
- A global team of industry leaders focused on employee retention, client growth, industry innovation and collaboration
Our employees are the foundation of our success.
NFP is a big company — a growing, inclusive team of individuals supporting each other’s passions and engaging with the community.
We understand that more people mean more experience, more expertise, more diversity of thought and more opportunities to understand the world we share together. By embracing organic collaboration and innovation, we are able to integrate an array of ideas and perspectives to continuously refine what we do and how we do it.
Building a diverse, collaborative and innovative team requires leadership, deliberate action, and ongoing measurement. We actively support the well-being of our employees with benefits and programs driven by recognition, community, financial wellness tools, development and inclusion, fostering personal and professional growth that keeps us moving forward.
Beyond our office walls, we’re dedicated to serving the community around us. Every day we make proactive choices to take care of the communities in which we live and work. From charity drives and community service outings to other company-sponsored events, our employees donate their time and raise funds on behalf of great causes across the country.
Our business is built on the personal level. Whether it’s in our offices, on a call, out in the field or anywhere you can find us in the world, we’re starting the conversations that create a more secure future for everyone
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.